I am facing an strange issues with one of my projects. 25 .com Domain blacklisted on SURBL during warmup phase. I purchased this 25 domain from Spaceship, Change DNS to Cloudflare and create email accounts using google workspace reseller. Then put it onto Instantly warmup. Yesterday, I got a notification from hetrixtools that this 25 domains blacklisted. How is this possible? I dont even send a cold emails yet. Is this due to warmup pool issues? Asking here as I want to move out from Instantly. I appreciate any help/ideas regarding this issues.
Hey Naim, this happened to me with domains that I bought from spaceship, mainly it is monkey blacklist that your domain might be in, I resolved it by changing the domain routing and nameservers to current host
Muhammad A. Thanks for sharing this. Mind if i DM you?
Hi, anybody facing SURBL blacklists during warmup? Before any cold outreach. Hi Naimul I., would love to chat more. Situation on my side:
9 domains purchased from namecheap
mailboxes bought from scaledmail
distribution
6 domains / 12 mailboxes for google
3 domains / 75 MS Azure mailboxes
added to lemlist, connected to lemwarm
within hour or so all 9 domains blacklisted by SURBL
Martin S. we hit the same thing, SURBL listing during warmup before any cold sends went out. submitted their delisting form and it's been in the queue over a week now, no movement yet, so heads up that their turnaround is slow. couple things we've been looking at: whether it's the shared sending IPs (scaledmail/azure ranges) getting listed rather than the domains themselves, since that would explain multiple domains listing at once within an hour. did all 9 list at the domain level or is it tied to the IP? curious if you've found anything that speeds up delisting or prevents it in the first place. comparing notes since we're mid-queue ourselves.
My info so far:
for the client that we had just purchased domains & mailboxes and started the warming up, we decided to just buy new domains. vary more the names, different times and days, different providers. it'll be a bit more work on the side for Scaledmail and us with giving them the 2fa codes...but it's what we could think of to avoid this issue again
for clients who were already warmed up and about to launch, we decided to carry on. we'll still buy new domains and start warming up, but after a few placement tests and manual emails attempts, we were still landing on inboxes on Google without any issues
Doesn't seem to be a shared IP thing. Scalmedmail itself made an article kinda saying "ignore this", but they have the incentives to say this of course. I will ask scaledmail in the future to change their DMARC record (quarantine, with dmarc@scaledmail.com email to an email from us so the DNS doesn't read scaledmail)
Oh and all domains were blacklisted by SURBL, both google and MS azure, so definitely not MS-specific.

